Saturday, May 15, 2010

badge music

If you're a regular reader, you may remember a post I did a few months ago about my wee side business making badges. If you're just joining the fun here at Quake's Crib, a quick catch-up: I make and sell custom and vintage badges, in various sizes and product formats (for examples, check out my Etsy shop: http://badgesbyquake.etsy.com ). Here and there I'll do some badges for bands, and if I like their music i'll write a quick blurb about them. Such is the case with local Chicago rockers Saint Aviator.

I met Michael Main, the man behind SA, as the drummer for another band I do badges for, Tiny Magnets. I dropped off some one night at a gig where he was pulling double duty; I sat down for Tiny Magnets, but I stuck around a bit for SA. Good thing--their bass heavy, low-end rock sound was a nice capper to the evening, and when Michael threw a couple of tracks my way, I didn't say no. Keep an eye out, you might just want some power dischordia in your own head sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment