Monday, November 16, 2009

Badges--you NEED some stinking badges!



ok, time to self-promote a little bit.

in my spare time, I like to make and sell badges. Yes, I said 'badges,' not 'buttons,' or 'pins.' I call my products badges because that's what they call them in Scotland, where my obsession for these wee bits of fun first developed. and despite the fact that I now am back in the States and people look at me funny whenever I say badges, I stick with it because that's what I call them in my own head.

so deal with it.

now that we've gotten THAT out of the way, it's time to pimp the goods. if you've taken more than a fleeting glance at my blog, you'll see the RSS feed from my Etsy shop near the bottom of the lefthand side. yes, I have an Etsy shop. it's a pain in the ass and damn near worthless, but it does provide a fairly simple venue for me to showcase some of my stuff, at least enough to give folks an idea of what I make. the direct link is at the bottom of this post.

I make badges, magnets, keychain bottle openers and pocket mirrors, in 1-inch and 2.25-inch sizes. I tend to use a lot of vintage comic books, as well as any other vintage paper stuff I can get my hands on. but I also like to pry random images out of context from more modern mags like Time and Entertainment Weekly... really whatever I can cadge for free :D most of the stuff I make is one-of-a-kind, unique--more like tiny pieces of individual, wearable art than some factory-produced bit of tat. believe me, I had to train myself to actually give them up for sale, as each time I make one I seem to want to keep it, haha.

I do custom work, so hit me up with any ideas or orders--this stuff makes for EXCELLENT stocking stuffers, you know!

BadgesByQuake on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment